- The new contract, which ushered in radical changes to the delivery of primary care services, was designed to give general practices additional funds to invest in improving and developing services to patients.
- It included incentives to reward GPs and their practice teams for driving up the quality of patient care.
- A large proportion of GPs' earnings are now linked to the quality of care they provide, with payments made for the provision of extra services, such as contraception, child health and chronic disease clinics.
Contudo, o Ministério da Saúde Britânico avisa:
- We expect a higher level of these profits to be invested back into their businesses, to bring about further improvements in services for patients, such as longer opening hours or widening the range of services.
- We want to see this year and next a higher proportion of practice income going on service improvement for patients, and greater efficiency rather than windfall profits.
Recordamos apenas que a relação cambial é esta: 1,00 Libra Inglesa = 1,48 Euros.